6 Energy-Efficient Steps to Take All Year Long
Did you know that October is celebrated as Energy Conservation Month? At Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we love offering tips on energy conservation during October and all year-long! We hope these tips empower Las Vegas homeowners to take action to make your home a hub of energy-efficient practices before the New Year. You may be surprised what going green can do for your budget, your home and even your family’s health!
Take a look at these simple steps for energy efficiency while keeping our planet in mind:
- Schedule a Tune-Up: Schedule a tune-up with your local HVAC professional, which includes a thorough inspection of your HVAC unit’s longevity, cleanliness, energy efficiency, and performance. Regular maintenance of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning system can help ensure that your HVAC unit is running as efficiently as possible.
- Keep your filters clean: Dirty filters restrict airflow and can cause your HVAC system to work overtime, increasing unnecessary energy usage. By replacing your filters at least four times per year, you could save money on energy bills and help avoid potentially costly system repairs or replacement.
- Turn up your thermostat: A simple turn of your thermostat up 5°-10° while you’re away from home (or down in the winter) can save on your monthly bills, reduce the load on your system, and help save energy.
- Turn off your lights and unplug items not in use: The Small Business Administration recommends turning off all lights and appliances when not is use. Leaving lights on and small appliances on or plugged in, such as a coffee machine or hair dryer, when not in use can result in higher utility bills and wasted energy.
- Seal and insulate your ducts: By sealing and insulating all ducts in your home to block any air leaks or tears, you can improve the overall efficiency of your unit. No matter how efficient your system is, if the ductwork is not sealed and insulated, it will increase your operating costs and decrease your comfort.
- Energy Efficient Unit: Energy-efficient practices not only benefit our planet by conserving our natural resources, they also conserve your budget. When maintaining your home’s systems, be sure to choose a HVAC contractor who is knowledgeable about air conditioner efficiency options, including energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning units.
If you’re in the Las Vegas area, call your trusted heating, air conditioning and plumbing company at Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing to help make your home more energy efficient, and potentially save your family money in the process! Visit us athttps://www.theyesmancan.com or call (702) 382-2478.Categories: