Air Ducts: Clean, Repair or Replace?
Here at Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we are always looking to help you make the most educated and cost-effective decisions when it comes to your HVAC system. If you feel as though your system is not doing its job, then it may be time to check if your home’s ductwork is to blame. If you find that your home has leaky, damaged or unusable ductwork, your next decision should be whether to clean, repair or replace your HVAC’s air ducts.
Your local HVAC experts at Yes! are here to help you decipher which option would be best for your ductwork and your home. Here are some signs to help you recognize when it’s time to consult your local air conditioning experts on whether to clean, repair or replace those ducts:
- Are some rooms particularly warmer or cooler than others? This can be caused by a number of issues, including air or duct leakage, or even poor duct system design.
- Have you noticed an increase of the amount of dust in your home? This could be due to tears and leaks in your duct system, which brings in unwanted dust and bacteria particles. We recommend having it examined by a professional for possible repairs to avoid further potential air contamination.
- Is your home relatively new? It is typically more cost-effective to repair the duct system. To be sure you’re getting the best solution, always be sure to work with a reputable company.
- Have you seen mold in your air ducts? This has the potential to become a serious health hazard and can be difficult to remove with simple cleaning.
- Did you just install a new heat pump or air conditioning system in your home? Oftentimes, older duct systems cannot handle the new level of efficiency and could break, tear or leak your conditioned air.
- Do you know how old your air ducts are? For ductwork built prior to 1970 that hasn’t already been cleared, asbestos may be a concern. You will want to consult a professional to evaluate the age and condition of your home’s duct system.
Deciding how to handle your HVAC ducts can be a tough decision, and Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing wants to help make it an easier one. If you have any more questions about your air ducts, or whether or not you’re ready for an HVAC duct cleaning, repair or replacement, contact us at (702) 382-2478 to learn more about our HVAC and plumbing services and solutions, or visit online at https://www.theyesmancan.com/ .Categories: