The Do’s and Don’ts of Toilet Care
Did you know that October is National Toilet Tank Repair Month? At Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing, we handle all your plumbing needs, including drain cleaning, pipe repair, water heater installation, water heater repair and more. We know a thing or two about toilet repair and maintenance, too! Here are a few simple plumbing do’s and don’ts from our plumbing experts to help you avoid any toilet turmoil.
- DO use a plastic toilet brush. This will prevent any scratches on the bowl of your toilet
- DON’T use an unreasonable amount of toilet paper. A toilet can handle a good amount of toilet paper, but the less you use, the more likely your toilet will stay clog free.
- DO check your toilet annually for leaks. This can be done by simply adding a couple drops of food coloring in the tank of your toilet. If the color runs into the bowl, you may have a leak.
- DON’T use your toilet as a stepping stool. This can cause your toilet lid to crack or break off.
- DO take the tank lid off and flush the toilet if you’re experiencing any issues. Make sure “the flapper” is sealing and there is enough water in the tank to flush properly.
- DON’T treat your toilet like a garbage can. Even if items are labeled as “flushable,” there is a good chance that these items won’t disintegrate quickly, and will lead to a blocked drain pipe.
- DO keep a plunger handy. Plungers can be very helpful when dealing with small clogs.
- DON’T use chemical drain cleaners to unclog your toilet. While these chemicals can break down a clog, they can also eat away at your pipes and cause leaks in the future.
- DO ditch the toilet fresheners. While you may love having blue toilet water, the chemicals in these tablets can wear away parts of the tank.
- DON’T be afraid to call an experienced plumber if you have a serious plumbing issue.
If you need immediate professional assistance with toilet or plumbing issues, our expert plumbers at Yes! are here to help. We invite you to click through our website , where you’ll discover more about our 24-hour emergency plumbing services and everyday plumbing solutions designed to help you avoid any emergency toilet troubles. Contact us at 702-382-2478 to learn more about our plumbing services and solutions.Categories: