How To: 5 Ways to Save Water this Season
For Las Vegas residents, the Nevada drought is always of concern. With frequent pool parties, cold showers, and summer BBQs coming to mind, we encourage you to cut back on water usage this season, whenever possible. If local Las Vegas citizens can be conscious of their water usage, together we can have the chance to make a local impact on our environment and community.
We’re celebrating the season with some quick and easy water-saving ideas, which could help save your household water and money:
- Turn off the tap. Turn the water off while brushing teeth or washing hands.
- Take Shorter Showers. Aim to keep your shower under five to seven minutes long. Not only does this save water, but as an added benefit, shorter showers may help keep your skin more hydrated and smooth1!
- Check for leaks. A small drip from a worn, old faucet washer can waste up to 20 gallons of water per day!2 If you think you have a leak, give Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing a call to check it out right away.
- Consider drought-tolerant plants. California native plants are drought-tolerant3 and don’t require as much water as other types of plants. Try the California Redbud or the Blue-eyed Grass for a colorful and water-saving garden in Las Vegas.
- Fill up the laundry and dishwashing machines. We recommend waiting until you have a full load of clothes and dishes before running the machines. If you want to go the extra mile, look for laundry machines that have an “economy mode,” which can save both water and electricity.
Lastly, Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing is offering specials this month exclusively for our Las Vegas homeowners. Receive $50 off a plumbing repair or $200 off a whole house jetting. If you’re interested in any of these April specials, or would just like to speak to a Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing representative about how to save water in your home, call us at www.YesPlumbing.com or call us at 702-382-2478.