National Water Safety Month
In observance of National Water Safety Month, Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing, which offers a full range of solutions to Las Vegas area homeowners for air conditioning, heating, attic insulation and plumbing, would like to share a few important water safety tips and reminders.
Educating Kids is Key:
- Teach kids water safety as early as possible.
- Don’t rely on swimming lessons, life preservers, or other equipment to keep a child water safe.
Equip Your Pool & Home With Safety Measures
- Always keep doors and windows that exit to a pool area locked and set with an alarm.
- Keep rescue equipment and a First Aid Kit within poolside reach.
- Keep pools fenced in with child-proof locks. And don’t leave chairs or other items of furniture nearby where a child could use them to climb into a fenced pool area.
Adults Need Education, Too
- Parents, older family members, and babysitters should learn CPR, as it may take paramedics several crucial minutes before reaching the victim.
- Don’t use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision. An adult should always be present.
- Appoint a water safety-educated designated watcher to monitor children during social gatherings near pools to be sure kids aren’t left unattended near a pool.
If you’d like to learn more about water safety this month visithttp://apsp.org/nwsm/. To schedule an appointment, give Yes! Air Conditioning and Plumbing a call at (702) 382-2478 or visit https://www.theyesmancan.com.