National Water Safety Month
May 15, 2023
As part of an ongoing effort to promote water safety, May has been named National Water Safety Month by a joint effort between the World Waterpark Association, the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals, the National Recreation & Park Association and the American Red Cross. These organizations represent businesses and other individuals and agencies involved in bringing safe, enjoyable aquatic activities to the public.
In observance of National Water Safety Month, Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing, which offers a full range of solutions to Las Vegas area homeowners for air conditioning, heating, attic insulation and plumbing, would like to share a few important water safety tips and reminders.
Educating Kids is Key:
- Teach kids water safety as early as possible.
- Don’t rely on swimming lessons, life preservers, or other equipment to keep a child water safe.
Equip Your Pool & Home With Safety Measures
- Always keep doors and windows that exit to a pool area locked and set with an alarm.
- Keep rescue equipment and a First Aid Kit within poolside reach.
- Keep pools fenced in with child-proof locks. And don’t leave chairs or other items of furniture nearby where a child could use them to climb into a fenced pool area.
Adults Need Education, Too
- Parents, older family members, and babysitters should learn CPR, as it may take paramedics several crucial minutes before reaching the victim.
- Don’t use flotation devices as a substitute for supervision. An adult should always be present.
- Appoint a water safety-educated designated watcher to monitor children during social gatherings near pools to be sure kids aren’t left unattended near a pool.
If you’d like to learn more about water safety this month visit https://www.apsp.org/resources/water-safety. To schedule an appointment, give Yes! Air Conditioning and Plumbing visit https://www.theyesmancan.com.
Last Updated: September 18, 2023