Prep for the Summer Heat Ahead!
Summer is here! As we transition to even warmer temperatures here in Las Vegas, it’s time to look for ways to keep cool without skyrocketing energy bills. To ensure you’ll be comfortable when the high temps hit, take a look at the below tips from Yes! Air Conditioning and Heating to prepare your home for the summer heat.
- Have your ducts checked: During a tune-up, a certified technician will check that your duct connections are intact and sealed so that energy is used to cool only the air inside your home, not your attic or garage. Adequate airflow is a key factor in having a comfortable home this summer.
- Change your filters regularly: Dirty filters make your system work harder, therefore using more energy to operate. Make sure your air vents are open and not blocked to ensure proper airflow throughout your home. Change AC filters at least four times a year to save energy and money, and keep your indoor environment cleaner!
- Turn up your thermostat: If your house is empty most of the day, why have the air conditioner running? Install a programmable thermostat that can keep the temperature a few degrees higher in the daytime, and then cool your home before you get there, helping you save energy.
- Keep interior doors open: By keeping your doors open, even just an inch or two, you will help the air circulate so that an even temperature can be maintained throughout the home.
- Maintain your system year-round: The best defense against air conditioner problems is to maintain your system year-round, especially right before the heavy heat of summer sets in. This is the time of year when your air conditioning system works its hardest. Regular tune-ups reduce your risk of experiencing common malfunctions and will help you stay cool when everyone else is sweating the heat.
If you’re interested in speaking with a HVAC professional about keeping your home cool this summer, visit https://www.theyesmancan.com or call us at (702) 382-2478.Categories: