Las Vegas News Highlights 2015
Happy New Year! It’s 2016, and with more than 60 years in the business, we’re looking forward to what this year will bring. In the past year alone, Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing celebrated several milestones and important philanthropic initiatives of our own, including a continued partnership with the USO Las Vegas, our third annual Think Green and Clean contest with the Clark County School District, a complete HVAC system donation to a local family in need, and perhaps most importantly, our continued mission of serving the Las Vegas community as your trusted heating, air conditioning and plumbing experts.
In honor of the New Year, we wanted to highlight a few of the biggest news headlines that caught our eye here in the Las Vegas Valley in 2015:
- 42 million visitors: Las Vegas hit a new record of 42 million visitors, and that was before New Year’s Eve (one of the biggest tourist holidays of the year). This is great news for Las Vegas, as tourism keeps our city going and generates more than 50 billion dollars annually. 1
- Nevada’s biggest newspaper, sold!: The Las Vegas Review Journal, Nevada’s largest newspaper, was purchased for $140 million by an unknown buyer, causing a shakeup in the media and political world. Reporters and editors were worried! After a week of speculation, the owner was revealed as Sheldon Adelson, chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corp., a casino and resort operating company. 2
- Hottest day: The year’s hottest temperature was on June 20, 2015, at 112 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s hot! The average high temperature for that day is historically 100 degrees Fahrenheit. 3
- Coldest day: The year’s coldest temperature was on January 2, 2015, at 29 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to the average low temperature on that day of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. 3
- Home prices: The housing market did well in 2015, and ended on a high note. The median price for a home in Las Vegas was $217,000 for the year. Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors representatives called 2015 the steadiest year for local housing in at least 10 years. 4
As we embark on another year and set our resolutions high, we want to thank the Las Vegas community for your continued trust and patronage. Our team at Yes! Air Conditioning & Plumbing looks forward to continuing to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all of your heating, air conditioning and plumbing needs. Please call us any time at (702) 382-2478or visit https://www.theyesmancan.com.